We are seeking a dynamic, motivated candidate with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and successfully managing complex military programs. As an employee at MDA, you will enjoy interesting, challenging work with many benefits. As a Program Manager within MDA&rsquo s Defence Line of Business you will be given the responsibility and authority to manage projects in this rapidly growing area, working with skilled engineers and using the latest technologies. Empowered by your management team, you will be considered as a vital contributor within the management team and participate in the development and growth of the Defence Line of Business portfolio. You will gain a sense of accomplishment when you and your team deliver results to surpass expectations.
In this program manager role, you will fulfil the Deputy Program Manager reporting to the Program Manager. You will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of this challenging and exciting program. Responsibilities
- Fulfil the leadership role to focus, organize and deliver program objectives
- Manage the project&rsquo s schedule, financial and programmatic goals
- Ensure the program&rsquo s compliance with regulatory requirements including security, certification and export licences
- Oversee the successful delivery of all support services.
- In coordination with the Program Manager, actively maintain the risk register.
- Prepare internal and external monthly Project Progress and Status Reporting
- University Degree, post-graduate course work desired formal management training considered an asset (e.g. MBA, PMI) further education courses desirable (e.g. business development, contracts, negotiation)
- Ideally 10+ years of management experience in a technical military program
- Ideally have experience managing projects in excess of $10M and with major subcontractors.
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques and tools
- A sound understanding of how the Canadian Forces perform operational deployments .
- You are known for your exceptional leadership skills and problem solving abilities.
Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is required for this position.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with growth and learning opportunities.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 14, 2018
Closes: January 13, 2019