September 23, 2021
Want to make a difference? Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is transforming mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website !
Reporting to the RACE21™ Manager of Value Delivery, the Deployment Specialist, Load and Haul Analytics is responsible for collaborating with our digital team to deliver advanced analytics and other digital solutions to operational teams across our company.
To be successful in this role we are looking for somene with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who is a motivated self starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands. You must also have the ability to quickly learn sophisticated domains, such as advanced analytics or processing, although ideally you will bring experience in these areas.
This is an exciting and dynamic role acting as the interface between RACE21™ digital teams and our operational end users. The willingness and ability to travel is necessary in this position, as a large component will require travelling between Teck's four coal operation sites in Western Canada, and on occasion operations in Alaska and Chile. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of teams across the organization on cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to assess baseline performance and identify areas where digital analytics solutions can add sustained value to operations.
- Define and drive implementation plans that include milestones, targets, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and track performance of the solution until the value is Locked-In.
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to deployment, identifying impacts of the product on site management operating systems, and lead change management in collaboration with site CI teams.
- Translate end user requirements and feedback during product development cycles to ensure products meet business objectives and will be used and adopted by end-users.
- Coordinate product owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational front-line users to craft product features, ensuring solutions will solve a valuable business problem
- Cultivate collaboration between operations and digital product teams to define how success will be measured, and track performance of the solution
- Work with operational users and site management to maximize value capture impact and sustain the deployed analytics products: training end-users, product interface evolution, and determining which strategies will optimize value driver performance and maximize value creation.
- Bachelor's degree in Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering), or equivalent, Master's Degree is a plus but not required.
- Subject matter expertise or operational experience in a resource extraction domain, including mine engineering, ore quality or processing and/or;
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, or software engineering or deployment within the resource industry, and/or;
- Experience working on operational continuous improvement teams
- The ability to travel across Western Canada and Internationally
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Engineer, Product Development, Management, Data, Engineering, Research, Mining