May 5, 2021
Reporting to the Renew Operational Systems Mining Delivery Manager the Lead Mining Delivery works within the Renew Mining team to develop and deliver foundational Mining infrastructure, equipment sensors, and safety systems cross the Organization.
Responsible for supporting the development and execution of a portfolio of projects which support Teck's drive for digital transformation by enabling excellent data collection for the RACE21(tm) Analytics. Activities include supporting technology advancement projects to achieve clearly demonstrable and sustainable business value.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who is a motivated self-starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands. You must also be an excellent team member and have the ability to support multiple projects in various phases, although ideally you bring experience from these areas.
This is an exciting and dynamic role acting as the Lead Mining Delivery. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time.
We are world-class leaders in sustainability and safety - and we are building a better world with lasting competitive advantages, from 2021 and beyond! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Accountable to understand current technologies provide leadership and mentorship in selecting appropriate technologies that meet sustainment goals and drive value.
- Provide input into technology roadmaps including definition of their implementation (i.e. project objective setting).
- Pre-project translation of opportunities into high level requirements and scope.
- Hand off opportunities to project teams and support these teams throughout the execution and commissioning of these projects.
- Ensure that the project scope and execution align with the original rationale for the project approval
- Working with site staff who are direct users of technologies.
- Contribute to identification and development of solutions based on knowledge of what is currently in place at Teck (or industry).
- Strong understanding of business processes and technologies in place to satisfy these processes.
- Bachelor's degree Computer, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business or equivalent experience.
- Subject matter expertise or operational experience in a resource extraction domain, including mine engineering, ore quality or processing.
- Previous experience in mining or heavy industry mobile and safety technology including embedded computing and industrial wireless networks.
- Deep domain expertise in surface mining and/or mining equipment maintenance.
- Proven understanding of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, team building, providing and receiving feedback.
- Experience interacting with individuals from both technology organizations and operational sites, at all levels of an organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to succeed in a dynamic
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-POSTED Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical, Social Media, Network, Engineering, Marketing, Mining, Technology