Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's engineering remarkably better furniture experiences one sofa at a time. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver remarkable value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We are looking for reliable and physically fit people to join our Article Delivery Team in the Vancouver area. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Our delivery teams provide the first in-person contact customers have with our brand. This gives you the opportunity to make a huge impact on the customer experience as an extremely valued member of Article.Responsibilities
- Driving and operating a commercial vehicle with a Maximum Gross Weight Rating of up to 26,000 lbs.
- Transporting furniture, home furnishings, and delivery personnel between the Article warehouse in Vancouver and residential addresses around the Lower Mainland.
- Delivering and installing furniture in residential locations.
- Professional and friendly customer engagement.
- Coordinating with Dispatch Team on local deliveries.
- Assisting in planning optimum routes with Dispatch Team.
- Safe loading and unloading of vehicle.
- In highly congested areas, staying with vehicle or moving vehicle as needed while delivery team enters residence.
- Performing daily maintenance checks.
- Promoting the Article brand through great customer service and considerate and safe driving habits.
- Working in our warehouse, moving furniture and loading/unloading trucks safely as required.
- Must have a Class 5 BC Driver's License
- 2 years of box truck driving experience; furniture handling experience is an asset
- Must be available for weekend and evening shifts
- Clean driving record for a minimum of 3 years
- Ability to maintain calm and create a safe driving environment for themselves and team
- Strong knowledge of Vancouver and Lower Mainland street system
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Must be able to pass a physical test
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A great starting wage ($22/hour).
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Two weeks paid vacation per year.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.
Operations and Logistics