We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer, Database
to join our Production Development team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers' lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices.
As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 250 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers
, and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast 50 & Fast 500 lists. Who you are:
What you'll be doing:
- You are a self-starting and self-governing learner and worker who is adept at breaking down intractable problems into achievable pieces and iterating on them.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking " Why?".
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You are a rational and critical thinker, with an inclination for evidence-based decision making.
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
What you should have:
- You will be architecting, creating, and maintaining MySQL clusters on both bare-metal servers and leading cloud providers.
- You will own all aspects of MySQL and RDBMS performance at Clio: everything from configuration and tuning of the underlying operating system to application SQL performance optimization.
- You will build, document, and champion best practices for relational data layout and query structure across all of Clio's developers.
- Deep expertise in administering MySQL hosted on GNU/Linux in a production environment.
- Deep expertise in relational data layout and SQL performance optimization.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (ActiveRecord).
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you're looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent
in Canada and beyond:
Diversity and Inclusion
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives . This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.