Lightspark is a software-as-a-service company that is building a platform to make energy efficiency and renewable programs easier for end users.
Our mission is to build a sustainable future by accelerating the engagement and ease of use of energy efficiency programs through our data-rich software-as-a-service platform that makes energy efficiency choices easier.
What you will do
We receive data from a wide variety of providers and sources, including open data portals, government agencies and third parties. The data may come as PDF documents, an API or as csv dumps from another database. We are looking for data engineers to join a team willing to take this task on and explore the possibilities these data sources provide.
Specifically, we are looking for team members to:
- Lead the acquisition, ingestion, transformation and analysis of new and current strategic data sources
- Design and implement data pipelines that meet the product teams requirements
- Integrate with the product team as project needs change
- Willingness to follow the work; depending on workload we may need you to focus more on data ingestion or more on pipeline development.
- A passion and interest in the Green Economy and Energy Sustainability. You want to make the world a better place!
As a part of our Technology team you will possess the following:
- BSc degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5+ years of solid software engineering experience
- Strong experience with AWS infrastructure, solutions and deployments
- Strong experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, GitLab or Bitbucket
- Experience with analytical tools such as Pandas/Numpy/Scipy for Python or R
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Knowledge and experience with test-driven development and agile/iterative development methodologies.
- Hands on experience using unit test frameworks and test automation tools/techniques in the development process, including automated testing of data quality
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
- Self-starter looking to contribute significantly to the team
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in the English language with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must
Posted: October 17, 2018
Closes: November 25, 2018