Database Engineer II
Reference ID: 774814
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
AWS Support is one of the largest and fastest growing business units within AWS. We are a highly technical, innovative organization revolutionizing the customer engagement processes and offers topnotch technical support for the portfolio of products and features of AWS. We are determined to redefine the word "support" and lead the industry with best in class technology.
AWS Support Kumo Machine Learning team is looking for an exceptional engineer who is passionate about data and the insights that large amounts of data sets can provide, to fill the role of a Data Engineer. The ideal candidate will possess both a data engineering background and a strong business acumen that enables him/her to think strategically and add value to increase the support business and the customer experience. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
The successful candidate will work in lock-step with data scientists, ML scientists, business analysts, support engineers, product managers, business leaders and other stakeholders across AWS Support org. He/she will:
• Develop and improve the current data architecture for AWS Support.
• Drive insights into contacts and customer profiles.
• Improve upon the data ingestion models, ETLs, and alarming to maintain data integrity and data avilability.
• Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data sets of customer experience on AWS
. Assist Data Scientists and ML Scientists with Data Identification and Data Preparation phases of Data Science.
. Partner with BAs across teams to build and verify hypothesis to improve the AWS Support business
Salary Range: $81,100 to 133,800/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 6+ years of work experience in using SQL and databases
• Experience with Java and Map Reduce frameworks such as Hive/Hadoop
• Familiarity with EMR, NoSql, Dynamo DB
• Solid Oracle and Linux skills
• Experience with Amazon Redshift or other distributed computing technology
• Solid experience in at least one reporting tool, preferably Tableau
All candidates must meet the above-listed basic qualifications.
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019