We're looking for a top-tier Database Architect to help us get CryptoKitties' databases purring like a kitten through query performance optimizations.
You'll accomplish this by reducing the number and severity of failure incidents and managing secure database migrations. Together, we will tackle the challenge of maintaining a high-throughput PostgreSQL database up-to-date with the Ethereum blockchain, a medium where data integrity is not always reliable. Should we purrvail, we will unite thousands of new CryptoKitties with their happily-ever-afters (new owners). You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
Both full-time and contract options are available.More about CryptoKitties:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game's most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal , Forbes , The New York Times , and VICE .
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making-our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.What we'll accomplish together:
Does this describe you?
- Set up and manage high-throughput Postgres clusters which serve thousands of users all around the globe
- Fine-tune performance settings and tooling to optimize server resources
- Review and set up effective monitoring policies for the database server as well as its queries
- Implement schemas, procedures, and indexes fulfilling project needs
- Advise on queries and transactions, monitoring performance in day-to-day operations
More about CryptoKitties:
- Experience with Amazon RDS and Multi-AZ deployments
- Experience scaling applications in general
- Experience with proprietary solutions such as DinamoDB or BigQuery
- Expertise in other types of data storage: columnar, key-value or graph databases
- Familiarity with Python
- In-depth SQL knowledge, including query optimization and performance monitoring
- Previously optimized Postgres' configuration and parameters
- Previously set up Postgres clusters
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.