We're looking for a top-tier Database Architect to help us get CryptoKitties' databases purring like a kitten through query performance optimizations.
You'll accomplish this by reducing the number and severity of failure incidents and managing secure database migrations. Together, we will tackle the challenge of maintaining a high-throughput PostgreSQL database up-to-date with the Ethereum blockchain, a medium where data integrity is not always reliable. Should we purrvail, we will unite thousands of new CryptoKitties with their happily-ever-afters (new owners). You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
Both full-time and contract options are available.More about CryptoKitties:
CryptoKitties are collectible digital art forms created in the popular blockchain game of the same name. Each CryptoKitty is a unique digital asset, or non-fungible token (NFT), created, managed, and traded through blockchain programs known as smart contracts. Over one-million CryptoKitties have been created by players in a breeding game that lets players mix and match their favorite genes to discover "meowtations," find limited-edition "Fancy Cats" hidden throughout the genome, and design furever friends they can keep as momentos or sell on an open marketplace.
The CryptoKitties smart contracts are the world's most popular outside of exchanges, with over 3.8-million transactions recorded to date, representing tens of millions of dollars exchanged on the marketplace. The project was initially developed at Axiom Zen before spinning out into its own independent company, Dapper Labs, in conjunction with a Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal , the BBC , The New York Times , Bloomberg , and VICE .What we'll accomplish together:
Does this describe you?
- Set up and manage high-throughput Postgres clusters which serve thousands of users all around the globe
- Fine-tune performance settings and tooling to optimize server resources
- Review and set up effective monitoring policies for the database server as well as its queries
- Implement schemas, procedures, and indexes fulfilling project needs
- Advise on queries and transactions, monitoring performance in day-to-day operations
More about CryptoKitties:
- Experience with Amazon RDS and Multi-AZ deployments
- Experience scaling applications in general
- Experience with proprietary solutions such as DinamoDB or BigQuery
- Expertise in other types of data storage: columnar, key-value or graph databases
- Familiarity with Python
- In-depth SQL knowledge, including query optimization and performance monitoring
- Previously optimized Postgres' configuration and parameters
- Previously set up Postgres clusters
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.