Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
At Article, we are constantly looking to improve everything from the way we optimize our website used by millions of unique visitors a month to how we allocate a multi-million dollar marketing budget. We employ a variety of techniques ranging from simple A/B tests, structural time series modelling, and novel quasi-experiments to infer causality from mixed experimental and observational data.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with knowledge of statistical modeling, causal inference, and experimentation methodology to join our team and help us shape the way we conduct experiments at Article.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with or creating experimentation platforms (perhaps even in the context of the anonymous web) and designing experiments themselves. You will have significant ability to shape the direction of the experimentation program at Article while working alongside a talented team of data and engineering professionals.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Partner closely with stakeholders to design, implement, and analyze experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Research and develop new experimentation methods and predictive modeling techniques that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of experiments.
- Work with engineers to improve our in-house experimentation platform and define metrics that will capture salient features of experiment goals.
- Work with strategic partners to define high-impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to solve them using data.
- Communicate experimental results to key business leaders and suggest ways to put the findings into operation.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Operation Research or similar quantitative fields.
- Strong knowledge of statistical inference and experience in experimental design or causal inference.
- Fluent in one of Python or R.
- Comfortable in working with SQL.
- Ability to clearly communicate and translate technical results into actionable insights to a non-technical audience.
- Empathy for your audience and users and the ability to communicate effectively is critical to your success in this position.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on-the-job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, and a variety of ice cream choices just up the street.
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.