Excited by Big Data, Machine Learning and Predictive Software? Interested in creating new state-of-the-art solutions using Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques on Terabytes of Data?
At AWS, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale Machine Learning Services and Applications on the Cloud involving large amounts of data. We work on applying predictive technology to a wide spectrum of problems. We are looking for talented and experienced Machine Learning Scientists who can apply innovative Machine Learning techniques to real-world problems. You will get to work in a team dedicated to advancing Machine Learning solutions at AWS and converting it to business-impacting solutions.
• Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems
• Analyze and extract relevant information from business data to help automate and optimize key processes
• Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
Basic Qualifications • An MS/PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field. PhD strongly preferred.
• 6+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development
• Strong Problem solving ability
• Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
• Experience using Python and/or R
• Experience using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
• Experience in mentoring junior team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling applications
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed. Up to 50% regionally.
Preferred Qualifications • 8+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development
• Experience handling terabyte size datasets
• Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing
• Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
Posted: October 22, 2018
Closes: December 21, 2018