Are you excited and passionate about delivering advanced analytics that directly influence the AWS S3 customer experience? Do you see yourself as a champion of innovating on behalf of the customer by turning insights into action? Come join AWS S3 Equilibrium team as Scientist in capacity forecasting and planning function.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) delivers storage for the Internet. It provides a simple web services interface that customers use to store and retrieve any amount of , at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives them access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon itself uses to run its own global network of web sites. S3 processes peaks of over 60 Tbps of traffic in a day. We maximize benefits of our scale and pass them on to our customers. By doing this, we're creating a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their storage needs.
As part of this team, you will work with multiple AWS teams to help forecast the S3 webserver demand. You will be a creative problem solver who is obsessed with delivering the best customer experience, as well as, a highly analytical, team-oriented individual with excellent communication skills. You will get opportunity to write good quality code and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will work with the capacity planning team to keep multiple projects on task, track and achieve organizational goals, and plan team activities. You will be a face and voice for capacity forecasting and ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks, and status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Design and Build the forecasting approach for S3 frontend webserver capacity
• Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
• Responsible for building forecast models that provide an ongoing and timely forecast for capacity planning, including rolling forecasts with business grain, variance analysis, business adjustments, and KPIs
• Build customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track forecast performance and explain variance
• Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and trade-offs against customer experience. Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to business leaders.
• Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders: Exhibits excellent judgment, has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo), Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology, is strongly oriented towards results, Thinks big.
• Implement statistical or machine learning methods to solve specific business problems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field with at least 5 years of working experience as a Scientist or a Masters Degree with 3 years of working experience as a Scientist.
• Experience with statistical analysis, modeling, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, mining and demand modeling
• Proficiency with /R or other web-based interfaces to create graphic-rich customizable plots, charts maps, etc.
• Experience using one or more R, , , C++, VBA, and other programming languages
• Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data
• Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters or PHD in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field
• Previous experience in a ML or scientist role with a large technology company
• Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
• Previous experience with demand and capacity forecasting
• Experience in creating driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science and business backgrounds.