Be part of a team that is driving the expansion of Amazon globally. The Recruiting Technologies team is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and delivery of systems that touch the entire organization. The Recruiting Technologies team is creating an industry leading candidate experience; developing, building, and innovating global, scalable recruiting technology solutions that are intelligent, powerful and light-weight. This team and the technologies we own are critical for Amazon's continued growth and launching of new products and services.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented Data Science manager to lead a team of scientists that will help define the way that Amazon hires. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, has an inquisitive mind that finds surprising needles in haystacks of data on a regular basis. A successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable big data infrastructure. This person must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others and strong cross-functional leadership. This person needs to have good judgment and passion for helping customers discover the right product at the right time. As the single threaded leader, you will hire, coach, and lead your team of data scientists and machine learning scientists to leverage the wealth of Amazon's information and develop innovative models and insights that surface actionable insights.
You and your team will have expertise in a broad range of data science methodologies and combine this knowledge with a deep understanding of ML and Operations challenges.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer science, Math, Statistics, Economics or related field
• 8+ years of experience in business intelligence, big data analytics, statistical methods and machine learning techniques including expertise in creating machine learning solutions that provide solutions to business and technical problems.
• Familiarity with various Data Science disciplines including descriptive analytics, optimization, probability, hypothesis testing, regression, forecasting and machine learning.
• Self-sufficiency in data analysis (such as R, Python and Matlab).
• Familiarity with various data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview and QuickSight
• 5+ years of experience leading analytical teams and a track record of developing teams to produce successful Data Science solutions that deliver significant benefit to business.
• Able to guide the team to make the right scientific or technical trade-offs to meet long term/short-term business needs.
• Own and be responsible for defining his team charters, delivery and defining success metrics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• People management and responsibility for their employee's career growth and development.
• Stakeholder management and status reporting.
• Identifying new opportunities in partnership with business partners.
• Design and lead reviews for efficient data models using industry best practices and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting.
• Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data & reporting solutions owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Track record in building consensus among discordant views.
• Track record working and delivering end-to-end projects independently including ability to lead teams to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or related field.
• 10+ years of leading teams to deliver data analytics and machine learning solutions.
• Proven expertise in one or multiple of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, Choice modeling, media effectiveness, audience expansion, time series and natural language processing.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of forecasting, natural language processing and Deep Learning.
• Knowledge on big data technologies (such as Map Reduce, Spark and Hive).
• Track record of working with partners globally.
• Track record of scientific and business publications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation