Job Description Summary
STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotech company, is looking for a professional in data management analysis. The Data Management Analyst will design, implement, and support data management solutions to deliver structure, data flow, consistent access, and data quality needed to meet the data consumption requirements. In this role, you will focus on one or several data management areas, including: data governance, metadata management, data architecture, and data quality management.
As the Data Management Analyst, you will also be responsible for analyzing business requirements and exploring data management best practices that will identify opportunities for increasing data efficiency. The role requires a combination of technical skills and business acumen to work with business stakeholders in translating data requirements to create effective and efficient data management solutions.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Explore functional areas of business, define data-related problems and address data management challenges
- Collect data requirements and discuss them with data stakeholders and support the development and implementation of data management policies and standards
- Work with the Information Systems department to implement enhancements or data management software tools and support the designs of data management processes and procedures, their roles and responsibilities
- Help define metrics to demonstrate the data management efficiency and its impact on business outcomes and collaborate with data owners, data stewards and stakeholders to support them and address their data needs
- Registers and tracks data-related problems in issue logs and maintains documentation and training materials
- Bachelor's degree with 6-10 years of relevant experience or master's with 4-8 years of experience, or Ph.D. with 2-5 years of experience
- Experience with metadata management, data governance, data catalogue, and lineage
- A deep understanding of Metadata Management methodologies and best practices
- Experience with data profiling, data quality and root-cause analysis, and data quality improvement techniques
- Has a deep understanding of data quality management principles and best practices
#United #LI-Hybrid #LI-AC1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$78,640.00 - $118,000.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians