Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
The Decision Support Services group focuses on operationalizing applied analytics strategy through close partnership with each core functional area.
The Data Lead position is responsible for supporting Finning in actualizing on and building the analytics strategy and supporting data engineering practice. The team lead will partner with key corporate and business functions such as HR, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Mining, CUBIQ and Finance, acting an analytics partner.
Through this partnership, the team will translate and support building the data foundations necessary for self-serve reporting and analytics while identifying key strategic opportunities to utilize automation, machine learning and predictive analytics to drive lasting change and scalable business practices throughout the organization.
This role is accountable for operationalizing strategies to balance margins with market share growth and to create a clear definition, transparency, and alignment around the team's contributions to Finning Strategy.Job Description: Major Job Functions: Strategy and Analysis
Data/tools and Infrastructure
- Leadership and coordination in understanding key stakeholder opportunities in analytics
- Providing data driven insights to questions asked and uncovering new opportunities
- Work with business areas to implement clear, standardized analytics strategies and processes
- Operate as a thought and best practice leader on the team by leading analysis and projects that deliver the highest quality recommendations and analysis for each stakeholder group.
- Ensure that voice of customer and business are clearly understood in all decisions
- Ensure a consistent and reliable approach is used to gather internal and external data for the development of data driven strategies. Wherever possible identify gaps and solutions.
- Assess stakeholder needs and collaborate on a the vision for operationalizing analytics and data driven decision making in their area
- Build the necessary data, tools and infrastructure to report on overall effectiveness and to support quick wins and long term analytics requirement
- Provide leadership with analysis of current needs and future state for applied analytics in each domain (core business area)
- Work closely with Data Science, IT, & DSS teams to create the appropriate visibility to data models, enable efficiencies in process through technology, and increase consistency in approach across the organization
Leadership and team management 20
- Provide guidance on any projects that are underway or may develop and evaluate the effectiveness of existing analytics and reporting strategies, identify gaps and opportunities and recommend improvements
- Drive culture change activities to ensure alignment in Strategy, Structure, Shared Vision, Systems, Style, Staff and Skills
- Participate in and at times lead cross functional teams and drive collaboration between Caterpillar, Finning business units, and other analytics team members to create the desired behaviors and measurable results as per the Finning (Canada) strategy
- Provide coaching and leadership to the team by driving accountability, commitment, and ownership to surpass expectations
- Support the team through leading by example on a day to day basis while developing a positive and engaged work culture that is performance driven, customer focused and highly collaborative
- Responsible for supporting the team by developing clear goals and expectationsaligned with goals outlined by leadership.
- Responsible for providing regular and ongoing performance feedback, and for supporting growth and development opportunities for all direct reports
- Utilize change management practices to help the team and the organization manage through change as it relates to analytics strategies, processes and structures
- Decision making and problem solving: Ability to solve complex business problems that may require significant analysis requiring a broad interpretation and integration of issues, integrating new approaches and/or providing input and recommendations to various levels of leadership
- Accountability: 100% Accountable for results and impact on people, through the development of committed partnerships and by a strong example in high performance leadership
- Strategic planning : Strong strategic planning capabilities with the ability to turn plans into new realities
- Analytical skills : Strong analytical skills to drive data based decisions
- Collaboration and communication: Highly collaborative with the ability to develop positive rapport with stakeholders at all levels and stages in the value chain. Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills, listens effectively. Able to clearly articulate complex concepts and strategies
- Customer focused : Creates positive customer interactions while seeking long-term outcomes. Very responsive to customer needs while balancing organizational priorities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity : Ability to deal with ambiguity and create sustainable competitive advantage
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Analytics, the Computer Sciences or equivalent experience in a related field. Masters level (MBA) considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in leadership and 5+ years in analytical role
- 5+ years experience with SQL, Python, C# or other object-oriented programming languages
- Proficient in Azure technologies as they relate to Data and Analytics.
- Comfortable and understand API's and gathering data out of SaaS applications.
- Experience with on-premise technologies such as SSIS and SSAS.
- Experience with data lakes and other modern data platforms technologies.
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
- Proficient with MS Office applications and internal systems
- Significant data or analytical experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Proven ability to drive and design business strategy while leading an analytical team
- A proven track record of identifying opportunities and designing / successfully implementing analytic strategies, processes and structures
- Customer Insight & ResearchGeneralist/Multidiscipline
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing