IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Data Engineer to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Senior Data Engineer
- Experience in large data environment
Top Skills Required
- Advanced skill in programming languages: Scala, Java, etc.
- Solid Knowledge of Big Data platforms, ideally with exposure to Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, SPARK)
- Experience in designing efficient and robust ETL pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to work with large and complex datasets
- Experience with SQL and Relational Database
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with customers
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure
- Strong data quality management process understanding, data analysis and data profiling
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on technical problems and solution design
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools, such as Business Objects or Tableau would be an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.