DESCRIPTION We are looking for an outstanding Data/Database Engineer who is data-driven, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed. You have passion for technology. You are keen to leverage existing skills while trying new approaches. You are not tool-centric; you determine what technology works best for the problem at hand and apply it accordingly. You can explain complex concepts to your non-technical customers in simple terms.
We are moving from traditional database technologies to near real time data processing and advanced reporting services built around natural language processing and machine learning.
You will help us analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to help business teams to make decisions. You should be motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
• At least 3 year experience developing ETL/ ELT solutions within a Data Warehouse environment
• At least 3 years experience using SQL, PL/SQL or Shell scripting
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Oracle and SQL performance tuning
• Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with developers and Business users
• Experience in big-data using Hadoop, Hive, and other open-source tools/technologies
• Familiar with AWS tools
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Experience in designing and building large data warehouse systems
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
• Good work experience in BI Reporting tools and databases in a business environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .