Reference ID: 722529
AWS Support is one of the largest and fastest growing business units within AWS. We are a highly technical, innovative organization revolutionizing the customer engagement processes and offers topnotch technical support for the portfolio of products and features of AWS. We are determined to redefine the word "support" and lead the industry with best in class technology.
AWS Support Kumo Machine Learning team is looking for an exceptional engineer who is passionate about data and the insights that large amounts of data sets can provide, to fill the role of a Data Engineer our. The ideal candidate will possess both a data engineering background and a strong business acumen that enables him/her to think strategically and add value to increase the support business and the customer experience. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
The successful candidate will work in lock-step with data scientists, ML scientists, business analysts, support engineers, product managers, business leaders and other stakeholders across AWS Support org. He/she will:
• Develop and improve the current data architecture for AWS Support.
• Drive insights into contacts and customer profiles.
• Improve upon the data ingestion models, ETLs, and alarming to maintain data integrity and data avilability.
• Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data sets of customer experience on AWS
. Assist Data Scientists and ML Scientists with Data Identification and Data Preparation phases of Data Science.
. Partner with BAs across teams to build and verify hypothesis to improve the AWS Support business
• 6+ years of work experience in using SQL and databases
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new datasets quickly
• Experience with Java and Map Reduce frameworks such as Hive/Hadoop.
• Familiarity with EMR, NoSql, Dynamo DB
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
• Experience with Amazon Redshift or other distributed computing technology.
• Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses.
• Strong data modelling skills.
• Solid Oracle and Linux skills.
• Solid communication skills and team player.
• Track record for quickly learning new technologies
. Solid experience in at least one reporting Tool, preferably Tableau
. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
. Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
. Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
. Proven track record of automating tasks
. Excellent communication skills.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019