What You'll Do
What You’ll Need
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
What You Must Have
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, Amazon Data Pipeline and etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Lambda.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kinesis, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with one of the object-oriented/scripting languages: Python, Scala, Java, etc.
- Excellent team player who lends support and guidance and shares concern, problems and opportunities.
- Bonus Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
A little more about us…
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation products and data initiatives.
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination and challenges the status quo
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
BuildDirect is reinventing the home improvement industry with the first artificial intelligence (AI)-driven technology platform for heavyweight products. The BuildDirect platform includes two core business units:
- BuildDirect Marketplace: An online marketplace that offers Homeowners and Pro Buyers the ability to purchase heavyweight home improvement products direct from Sellers and receive efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products.
- Gateway Supply Chain: The first anywhere-to-the-home supply chain for heavy and bulky goods that equips manufacturers, distributors and retailers with efficient and cost-effective shipping solutions to move their products from anywhere in the world, to locations across North America.
The platform is powered by proprietary AI, machine learning, and predictive analytics that drives robust efficiencies for the innovation of heavyweight product services, distribution, and sales across buyers, sellers, shippers, and everyone in between.
BuildDirect is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with warehouse locations across North America.
Posted: October 14, 2018
Closes: December 13, 2018