Do you love data? Do you get a thrill out of fixing complex problems? Do you want to work with AWS applications for computing and storing data?
Join the SPEAR team to help us design business intelligence solutions for Recruiting Teams across the globe. SPEAR is responsible for hiring the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon's global workforce. Our team's job is to equip our recruiting teams and partners with data and insights on the addressable marketplace of talent, the global hiring demand projections, and process efficiency gains.
SP's role is to provide forecasts and insights to our global recruiting organization from our various recruiting and HR systems. Your goal will be to help us build out our data warehouse. As our first Data Engineer, you can shape the future data roadmap for all of our global HR teams. You will help us leverage AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EDX, and QuickSight.
You won't be alone. Our team includes other business intelligence engineers and analysts - all of whom will be partners for you in realizing our vision and enabling the growth at Amazon that's critical for our customers. You're just right for this role because you like diving into data, developing innovative solutions and learning new tools!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years experience in dimensional data modeling, designing and implementing scalable ETL design and mappings, database query construction and data warehousing skills
• Excellent knowledge of SQL and Linux OS
• Server management and administration including basic scripting
• Proficient in Stata, R, Python, Java or some combination
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Bachelor's degree in CS or related technical fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Familiar with Redshift, Hadoop, Java
• Experience with various BI Platforms (QuickSight, OBIEE, Tableau, MicroStrategy)