Job Location: 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3, Canada
Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Do you feel passionate about data? Are you excited about figuring out ways slice, dice, and send data to multiple sources? Woot.com, the innovative company who invented the deal-of-the-day business model, is looking for a talented, self-motivated Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills to dive deep into large amounts of data, have a great business sense, curiosity and a proven ability to deal with ambiguity, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-driven analysis and insights.
Woot specializes in daily deals across multiple categories and offers our customers unique content giving them many reasons to visit our website and mobile apps frequently. Via integration into the development process, Data Pipeline programs influence course-corrections in product roadmaps that yield future benefits to customers while lowering the dependency on manual reporting.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will help answer key questions such as "How do Website, Mobile App redesign initiatives help customers discover products in a more efficient manner? How will our customers react to changes in prices, product selection, delivery times, return/replacement policies etc.? Which customer would like this deal the best? What is the best marketing channel to promote a particular deal to our customer base? How can we improve our customer service? How can we improve our delivery experience? etc" These are among the most important questions at Woot today.
You will have an opportunity to shape the long-term outlook for Woot's business intelligence and shape strategic decisions by working directly with the leadership team and key cross functional stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to formalize problem definitions from ambiguous requirements, extract insights from big data and develop cutting-edge solutions for non-standard problems. You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable working with technical teams and systems. You will draw upon advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable, systems which operate 24/7. You will work with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL scripts, can partner with customers to answer key business questions, and you are an advocate for your customers.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business issues and develop the data driven insights to drive the business' direction.
• Work closely with internal Amazon teams to develop data ingestion models from varying customer and application touchpoint sources (such as survey data, application metrics, APMQ messages, customer service contacts among others) for text mining analysis.
• Audit the tagging process (manual or automated) to make sure data is complete and accurately represented in the systems.
• Understand that ad-hoc analysis is part of the landscape and be prepared to structure relevant analysis and demonstrate a sense of urgency in delivering insights to the leadership team.
• Dive deep into data by leveraging SQL, MS Access, Excel, and other data manipulation tools and presentation tools (e.g. Quicksight, AWS, etc.). .
• Develop and propose new metrics, recommend strategies to stakeholders to improve business results, and work across our organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
• Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Interact with software and business groups to develop an understanding of their business requirements and operational processes.
Salary Range: $88,200 to $147,300/yr, commensurate with experience #0000BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position, including handling large/complex data sets, developing metrics, and developing trusting customer relationship, data manipulation tools and presentation tools (e.g. Quicksight, AWS, etc.).
• Proficiency in Python, SQL, and Excel
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or similar.
Language required for job: English
All candidates must meet all qualifications above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock