Data Engineer I
Reference ID: 561868
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
As a data engineer, you should be skilled in the architecture of enterprise data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms. You should have extensive experience in the design, creation, management and business use of extremely large datasets. You will be building new data engineering solutions that leverage the AWS cloud architecture and will extend or migrate our existing data pipelines to this architecture as needed. You will also be leveraging our Big Data platform to create the curated data model for the teams to leverage. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
• Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and developing new datasets in data warehouse.
• Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines from Oracle system to Redshift and Elastic Map Reduce to make the system grow elastically.
• Optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job related issues.
• Identifying the data quality issues across Oracle and Redshift to address them immediately to provide great user experience.
• Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources.
• Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets.
Salary Range: $81,994 to $102,400/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
• At least 2 years of industry work experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.).
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
All applicants must meet the above requirements.
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019