April 30, 2021
The Data Developer, RACE21™ is responsible for ingesting, transforming, and storing clean and enriched data from a variety of sources. They ensure that data is ready for use in digital products, data science, reporting, and analytics. They will design and maintain data warehouses and data marts, and structure volumes of data. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Improve data availability, acting as a liaison between source systems and Data Science and BI teams
- Collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management systems, and code including SQL and Python
- Implement data models and structure data in ready-for-BI consumption formats
- Perform aggregation on data across various warehousing models, such as OLAP cubes and star schemas for BI purposes
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- 3 + years of professional experience with data ingestion and preparation, including very large data sets of unstructured data for Business Intelligence
- Strong proficiency in Python (especially data science packages like pandas, numpy etc) and SQL for analytics, database development, and data modelling
- Experience working with one or more cloud platforms to implement data-intensive applications
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience on an agile team
- Keen collaborator and clear communicator, responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Passionate about the impact of emerging technologies and learning new skills and ideas
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources #LI-AN1 Job Segment:
Database, Social Media, SQL, Computer Science, Technology, Marketing, Mining