The mission of the Analytics Department is to provide the business with actionable and accurate information to enable data-driven decision-making. THE OPPORTUNITY
As a member of the Data & Analytics Department supporting Analytics Delivery, you will be part of the team that is responsible for the design and delivery of automated distributed and self-serve analytical interfaces such as reports and dashboards. As the Sr. Data Visualization Engineer, you will combine your deep understanding of our business, with your passion for data visualization and user experience to streamline, optimize, and innovate analytical interfaces that are easily absorbed, heavily adopted and drive high quality decision making across the business. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless - from a rewarding career in Data & Analytics, to continued growth and development with Aritzia. THE ROLE
As the Sr. Data Visualization Engineer your will:
- Lead the team and deliver outcome-focused data visualizations and data experiences to communicate actionable information to key stakeholders in a way that is informative, interpretive, and visually appealing using modern tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- Drive consistency in the optimization and transformation of existing reporting solutions and provide infrastructure for self-serve capabilities
- Lead the team and deliver tooling that helps discover and alert anomalies in performance based on data and query performance tuning
- Partner with business teams to drive and support adoption of analytic tools and interfaces.
- Collaborate on developing a governed framework to provide the right data to the right people using the right tools.
The Sr. Data Visualization Engineer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An enthusiastic approach to taking on new opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to navigating our internal operations to achieve the best team and business results
- The ability to collaborate fluently with cross-functional partners
- The skills to set clear objectives with an emphasis on accountability while striving to reach your highest potential
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Experience creating custom data visualizations and data experiences using modern tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- Ability to lead the design process from ideation to polished design, using sketches, wireframes, UX scenarios and mockups to present ideas
- Experience developing solutions using Cloud technologies
- Providing scalable solutions for handling large data volumes, complex, and interactive reporting
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value to the business
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Extras - A multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos, on-site medical care and more.
- Health & Safety - Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.