The mission of the Data & Analytics Department is to maximize the value of data by providing actionable insights that drive our business. THE OPPORTUNITY
As a member of the Data & Analytics Department supporting Data Platform Engineering, you will be part of the team responsible for building and operating an innovative, scalable platform for reporting, analytics, and data science. As the Senior Data Platform Engineer you will leverage modern software development and operational practices while following an "automation first" approach to support the acquisition, ingestion, transformation, and management of our data. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless - from a rewarding career in Data & Analytics, to continued growth and development with Aritzia. THE ROLE
As the Senior Data Platform Engineer, you will:
- Leverage cloud resources to support the acquisition and ingestion of event-driven/streaming data sources
- Maximize the availability, recoverability, and operational efficiency of data pipelines and supporting systems
- Build up and improve the observability of the platform as well as provide visibility into system health
- Leverage modern software development processes and tooling (e.g., CI/CD, everything as code, feature flags) to ensure a reliable and scalable data platform
The Senior Data Platform Engineer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An enthusiastic approach to taking on new opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to navigating our internal operations to achieve the best team and business results
- The ability to collaborate fluently with cross-functional partners
- The skills to set clear objectives with an emphasis on accountability while striving to reach your highest potential
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Strong Python and/or Go development skills
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience designing and implementing Cloud solutions; including building modern applications using containerized microservices (e.g., Cloud Run, Kubernetes) and serverless approaches
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and observability tooling (e.g., Terraform, OpenTelemetry)
- Knowledge of site reliability engineering (SRE) practices, like service level objectives (SLOs), error budgets, blameless postmortems, toil reduction
- Experience with a cloud-based data warehouse (e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake) and asynchronous messaging system (e.g., Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value to the business
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate
The typical hiring range for this position is $120,000 - $150,000 CAD per year. The final agreed upon salary may vary based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Additionally, this position may be eligible for bonus.
We are always looking for top talent - if your qualifications differ from those listed above, the scope of work and final agreed upon salary may be adjusted to reflect your individual qualifications.
Aritzia's Everyday Luxury compensation package goes beyond the base salary with endless growth and recognition opportunities through our pay-for-performance philosophy. Along with comprehensive benefits, aspirational workspaces and elevated employee perks and experiences - we provide it all.THE PERKS
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- Product Discount - Maybe you've heard of our famous product discount? Or our exclusive private shopping events? You have now.
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Everyday Luxury dining, exclusive to Aritzia. Our in-house bistro and café is a private oasis where employees can enjoy curated, subsidized Everyday Luxury dining.
- The SET - Our in-office fitness studio and gym with state-of-the-art equipment, custom-created classes, and optional personal training. Open 7 days a week, works out well.
- Aritzia Virtual Wellness - Because your health, happiness, and safety matter - 24/7 resources to support you in your wellbeing goals, be it physical, mental, social, or financial.
- Aspirational Workplace - Our offices are specially designed to be spaces of creativity, productivity, and inspiration. They're also dog friendly. Woof.
- Amenities - Additional amenities include a private parent's room, shower facilities with elevated complementary conveniences, bike rooms, and more.
- The Extras - We also offer a multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos and on-site medical care.
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.