The mission of the Data & Analytics Department is to maximize the value of data by providing actionable insights that drive our business. THE OPPORTUNITY
As a member of the Data & Analytics Department supporting Data Platform Engineering, you will be part of the team responsible for building and operating an innovative, scalable platform for reporting, analytics, and data science. As the Senior Data Platform Engineer you will leverage modern software development and operational practices while following an "automation first" approach to support the acquisition, ingestion, transformation, and management of our data. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless - from a rewarding career in Data & Analytics, to continued growth and development with Aritzia. THE ROLE
As the Sr. Data Platform Engineer, you will:
- Leverage cloud resources to support the acquisition and ingestion of event-driven/streaming data sources
- Maximize the availability, recoverability, and operational efficiency of data pipelines and supporting systems
- Build up and improve the observability of the platform as well as provide visibility into system health
- Leverage modern software development processes and tooling (e.g., CI/CD, everything as code, feature flags) to ensure a reliable and scalable data platform
The Sr. Data Platform Engineer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An enthusiastic approach to taking on new opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to navigating our internal operations to achieve the best team and business results
- The ability to collaborate fluently with cross-functional partners
- The skills to set clear objectives with an emphasis on accountability while striving to reach your highest potential
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Excellent Python development skills. Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Strong experience designing and implementing Cloud solutions; including building modern applications using containerized microservices (e.g., Cloud Run, Kubernetes) and serverless approaches
- Strong experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and observability tooling (e.g., Terraform, OpenTelemetry)
- Experience with site reliability engineering (SRE) practices, like service level objectives (SLOs), error budgets, blameless postmortems, toil reduction
- Experience with a cloud-based data warehouse (e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake) and asynchronous messaging system (e.g., Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value to the business
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Extras - A multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos, on-site medical care and more.
- Health & Safety - Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.