The mission of the Data & Analytics Department is to provide the business with actionable and accurate information to enable data-driven decision-making. THE OPPORTUNITY
Aritzia Data & Analytics is hiring a Manager of Analytics Engineering to lead a team of Analytics Engineers across multiple business domains. Analytics Engineers at Aritzia specialize in transforming and modeling data in a modern data stack. Unlike traditional ETL, modern analytics engineering leverages SQL, a tool like dbt or Dataform, and software engineering practices to create or make changes to a data model in a fast, iterative, agile way to meet our business' needs. Our Analytics Engineers are transforming how the organization uses data and we are looking for someone to help lead it. THE ROLE
As the Manager of Analytics Engineering, you will:
- Help create a leading Analytics Engineering Community working with senior leadership to support Aritzia's vision
- Create the data vision of one or more squads
- Provide thought leadership in defining models such as sales transactions, orders, and more
- Recommend and approve data model designs for two or more subdomains
- Refine and teach the best practices and standards of analytics engineering
- Work with business leaders to manage the day-to-day of the squads' analytics engineers in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience
- Review and guide complex SQL transformations to create beautifully designed and widely used data models
- Plan and lead the optimization of the delivery of data products
- Work closely with data platform engineering team to address platform gaps such as ingestion of missing data & improvements to tooling
The Manager, Analytics Engineering has:
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Leading and developing teams of 4 or more data analysts, engineers, or specialists
- Varied data domains and model designs
- Excellent SQL skills with the ability to create efficient data models, applied to cloud data warehousing in particular
- Experience and understand modern cloud data platforms (e.g., GCP, Dataform, MS, AWS), object-oriented programming (OOP), and SAP Hana (a plus)
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Values, Business and People Leadership principles
The typical hiring range for this position is $130,000 - $150,000 CAD per year. The final agreed upon salary may vary based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Additionally, this position may be eligible for bonus.
We are always looking for top talent - if your qualifications differ from those listed above, the scope of work and final agreed upon salary may be adjusted to reflect your individual qualifications.
Aritzia's Everyday Luxury compensation package goes beyond the base salary with endless growth and recognition opportunities through our pay-for-performance philosophy. Along with comprehensive benefits, aspirational workspaces and elevated employee perks and experiences - we provide it all. THE PERKS
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- Flexible Working Model - The option to work Remotely, On-site, or Hybrid in Canada
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.