We're looking for a Data Analyst to build foundational tools and processes and to translate data into narratives and insights that shape our business decisions. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. This position is based in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
Dapper Labs wants everyone, not just industry insiders, to experience the value of blockchain technology. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team of creators and founders flourish in a distributed hierarchy, where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. This unique organizational structure is the same one behind CryptoKitties.
The Dapper team is a group of humble and curious creators, academics, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap into its potential to create change in the world. Your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues, whether you're optimizing our data capture methods or designing a new blockchain game. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together. Join us in bringing the first billion to the blockchain.Your mission:
Turn data into actionable insights in the CryptoKitties portfolio.What we'll accomplish together:
Does this describe you?
- Explore how users are interacting with a decentralized gaming product to pave the way for navigating business intelligence in gaming and blockchain.
- Break down the language barrier between raw data and analytics to deliver actionable insights by turning complex problems into structured projects with clear business objectives.
- Create narratives from the metrics produced by a unique game environment to inform high-level decision making and goal setting, fundamentally impacting business planning.
- 3+ years experience in Data Analysis or Data Science
- You're a strong communicator who can convey even the most complex analyses into compelling narratives using both language and visualizations.
- Have experience in mobile, social, or online gaming, and can define and leverage impactful metrics to provide the insight to make savvy decisions with players in mind.
- Have experience in instrumenting and gathering data for analysis to provide actionable recommendations to the team.
- Have experience with the tools we use: Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Meltwater, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Proficient in Python (or the demonstrated ability to learn new languages quickly) and SQL queries.
- Can process data using different tools and will help pick the best for each context (R, SQL, Tableau, and Mixpanel).
- Provide data exploration and analysis to various product teams.
- Have strong math skills, particularly in statistical analysis.
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, diverse opportunities for learning and development, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019