At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We are one of the world's leading online dating platforms with millions of daily active members. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group
(owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH.)
We are looking for someone to be a part of our outstanding Analytics team, who will be working cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and improve business and product challenges facing Plenty of Fish. The Data Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; collaborating with the product, engineering, data science, business intelligence, customer service, and marketing teams.
This role will suit those with strong quantitative training, deep knowledge of what makes a business successful, a passion for telling stories with insights gleaned from data. The ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues is essential in this role.
So, what will you do?
- Provide management with deep-dive quantitative analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from extensive, complex data sets
- Collaborate with product management, software and data engineering, data science and other analysts to share and develop knowledge
- Find opportunities to automate repetitive analyses
- Quantitatively analyze user behaviour to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions, including driving learning from A/B tests
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 2-5 years of progressive experience using quantitative analysis to make business-focused recommendations
- Strong understanding of incrementality and sizing business problems and opportunities
- Good communication skills at different levels of organizational hierarchy
- Experience with ambiguous and complex analytical assignments
- Experience with raw clickstream data (telemetry event data) and datasets of 100 million+ records
- Experience with web/digital analytics metrics (Daily Active Users, Retention, Churn)
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence, normal distribution, correlation, linear regression, and linear programming
- Proficiency with SQL or other query languages
- Experience with data visualization and analytical tools (E.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- A skillset that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, results, and communication
It's a bonus if you have..
- Experience with Python, R, or other programming languages
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, gaming or subscription-based business
- You're a user of Plenty of Fish or other online dating service or familiar with the product!
Why Plenty of Fish?
We have remote options available
Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days and your birthday off
RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
Match Group mentorship program
Maternity & parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
Extended health & dental benefits from day one
Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.