We'd love to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic.
Read about how we're supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we've transitioned to working remotely.Are you an advocate for data-driven decision making? Can you take numbers and raw data and turn them into meaningful and actionable insights? Do you get excited about working with stakeholders across the business and being able to influence product roadmaps? For you, it's not about the numbers you see, but in wielding them to help make meaningful business decisions. You're looking for a big challenge that holds the opportunity to make an impact-and you'll find that at Thinkific!
As a Data Analyst, Product
, you will be an integral support to the Product organization as they work to execute the Product vision. You'll be a key part of the Data team, with a dedicated focus on Customer Analytics-think analyzing user flows, funnels, feature usage, and customer feedback. You will aim to identify patterns in user behaviour and derive insights and themes that will influence the Product roadmap, connecting to stakeholders on the Product Management, Design, and Marketing teams in the process.In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Analyze customer data, generate insights, and find opportunities related to the early and ongoing success of our Course Creators
- Ensure that product usage data is structured, organized, and accessible to stakeholders and build out reporting capabilities for accurately tracking key metrics
- Research and analyze user flows, funnels, activation, retention, and qualitative feedback to derive insights and themes and present opportunities to the Product team
- Assess the sensitivity and opportunity of building out new features and enhancing existing ones
- Champion the use of data for decision making through knowledge sharing, data literacy education, and training programs
- Perform a variety of ad-hoc analyses and proactively identify areas of opportunity for different business units
- Contribute to and support the data strategy across the business
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have 4+ years of working experience in a data analysis or similar role in a SaaS/tech environment
- Understand and have an interest in mapping data to the customer journey and influencing business decisions
- Be organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and analytically
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of statistical and data modelling concepts
- Have experience accessing, transforming, and analyzing data from a variety of sources
- Possess proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Display strong communication skills and the ability to convey the results of an analysis using dashboards and both written and verbal reports
- Be able to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- Have a solid understanding of experimentation and A/B testing principles
Bonus points if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow-you've likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are knowledgeable in key SaaS metrics
- Hold a passion for learning and professional growth
- Understand and have an interest in product management and marketing
- Have previous experience with Amplitude, Mixpanel, or a similar tool
- Are comfortable working with at least one BI tool such as Mode, Tableau, or Looker
- Have familiarity with data techniques in Python and/or R
- Are comfortable with ETL tools and techniques
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we've served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day! Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific's award-winning culture-we're one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too-we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that's right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you'll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver's coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they're as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific's sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Software and Programming