Position Summary DATA ANALYST Job ID: 3804 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** DATA ANALYST: POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics & Integration, the Data Analyst is responsible for providing data analysis and data management for core BC Housing business systems. He/She/They leads data analytics and modeling, proposes data management and data quality processes, and collaborates on the development of technical specifications. The incumbent liaises with various IT development and support teams, discovers and defines process improvement opportunities, supports the development of business cases, coordinates release notes documentation, and participates in post implementation performance analyses. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Information Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Considerable experience in Data Analysis, and extensive IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions and services.
- Considerable experience in supporting enterprise-wide business systems and reporting, including troubleshooting data issues.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check required.
Sound knowledge and familiarity with the following software and languages:
• Microsoft's Office365 and SharePoint technologies
• MS Excel, MS Word, MS project and MS Visio
• Reporting and visualization software such as Power BI, SSAS and Tableau
• Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
• Open source programming languages such as Python and R
- Sound knowledge of data and business processes in a social housing environment, including finance, procurement, asset maintenance, project development and property management.
- Sound knowledge of project lifecycle concepts and the ability to apply them to small projects such as business process changes and data cleansing.
- Sound knowledge of IT standards, system development life cycle, agile development methodology and IT development environments.
- Sound knowledge of feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit analysis techniques and processes.
- Sound knowledge of a variety of information systems programs and business processes pertaining to accounting, procurement, maintenance and real estate management.
- Sound knowledge of systems technology and data trends and the ability to critically assess and evaluate those trends as they apply to the organization.
- Sound knowledge of master data management designs and practices.
- Strong skills in data and process modelling, data quality analysis and data cleansing.
- Well-developed communication, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership and facilitation skills and some negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission's structure and business operations.
- Ability to learn and understand various enterprise data models, and the interaction of data between business systems, for reporting and data integration purposes.
- Ability to plan and manage moderate-sized projects, or portions of larger projects, manage teams of staff and contractors in the development, change management and implementation of systems, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.