Want to use your expertise to connect to an IT career with a difference? As a cybersecurity specialist II with WorkSafeBC, you'll do just that. Using leading-edge technology, you'll help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces - providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
Do you have cybersecurity experience that will help us keep our information systems secure? We're looking for a security professional with in-depth ability and proven knowledge in proactive cyber threat detection and mitigation.
In this role, you'll ensure the security, stability, and availability of our perimeter security infrastructure for our organization's business applications. You'll be a technical consultant to project teams, an evaluator of new methodologies and procedures, and an implementer of new requirements and enhancements.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC
and onsite based on the operational needs of the position. What you'll do As a cybersecurity specialist II you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Administer the operation, support, and maintenance of our network and perimeter security systems - including installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, documenting, and optimizing
- Support the network and perimeter security infrastructure with
- Check-Point firewall and endpoint security
- security analytics
- remote access technologies
- malware and anti-virus technologies
- security vulnerability management
- security patch compliance management
- intrusion prevention and detection technologies
- Participate in the design of the network and perimeter security technologies for both on premise and cloud environments
- Ensure that the network and perimeter security systems are able to satisfy current and projected business requirements
Your experience and educational background:
- Anticipate, organize, and prioritize work to meet both short- and long-term goals
- Provide feedback for product or team improvements
- Contribute to a positive work environment by adapting and adjusting to changes
- Use critical thinking to work through complex problems to formulate practical solutions
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math)
- A minimum of three years of experience in progressively complex roles within an IT environment, with primary focus of the last two years in cybersecurity
- Experience with Azure security is considered an asset
- An IT security-related certification, such as CISSP, CISM, or SSCP, is considered an asset
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary :
$42.45-$53.58, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits and contributions toward your retirement pension. We also offer continuous learning opportunities, leadership development programs, and tuition reimbursement to make your career at WorkSafeBC rewarding . As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
You will be required to successfully meet WorkSafeBC's requirements with regards to a criminal record clearance.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.