At Canfor, our Information Technology professionals play an important role in the daily functioning of our operations. Consistently pushing the boundaries when it comes to innovation within the forestry and pulp and paper industries, our IT professionals support Canfor in achieving exceptional results.
With a high caliber Information Technology leadership team, a clear vision, and significant growth and training opportunities, a career in IT at Canfor allows individuals to strengthen their competencies and grow within their respective roles. Working as an equal partner with our operations to achieve organizational objectives, you will be at the forefront of innovation.
The Cybersecurity Engineer supports the process of providing hands-on cybersecurity expertise and leadership in the areas of prevention, detection, response and recovery. This key role will contribute to the evolution of Canfor’s cybersecurity program through participation in major capital initiatives, technical implementations and security operations.
- Be a positive beacon for cybersecurity by promoting, sharing, and encouraging proper security practices, risk reduction, and data diligence
- Identify, implement and manage technical controls to ensure that Canfor’s technical infrastructure and systems are securely designed, implemented and maintained
- Ensure important initiatives are evaluated using effective risk management techniques
- Provide assistance developing and maintaining security policies, standards and procedures
- Provide senior IT and business leadership with regular updates on risk, issues, and initiatives
- Lead the effective use of available security and IT tools to facilitate the safeguarding of Canfor business services and data
- Proactively monitor against threats to manage vulnerabilities, reduce Canfor’s attack surface, detect attacks and breaches, and respond to incidents
- Research capabilities of existing tools and technologies both within Canfor and the security community to provide guidance into toolset selection processes
- Act as a key resource for collaboration with design and engineering teams within technical environments; assist teams in applying technology to effectively secure networks, infrastructure, business systems and end points
- Participate in project teams with varying levels of scope and complexity with minimal supervision
- Develop processes to identify and review security-related vulnerabilities and events, assess risk and report findings
- Evaluate, communicate and facilitate the management of risks with information and physical assets, third parties, and applications
- Assist with development and provision of relevant security metrics to show trending and effectiveness of controls versus threats and incidents.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments of key areas of infrastructure to ensure risks to those areas are measured and remediated.
- Be a key member of the incident response team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline. Or equivalent work experience with appropriate technology diploma
- CISSP or SANS certification is desirable
- Over 5 years of IT work experience with a broad range of exposure to most key aspects of enterprise technology solutions
- Over 3 years of professional experience working in an information security role, analyzing and applying information security, risk management, and privacy practices
- Experience working on large projects
- Broad experience in evaluating, implementing and operating major security infrastructure, and technologies for networks, endpoints, databases, systems, applications, and data including architectures and processes in several of: security analytics, threat intelligence, vulnerability management, intrusion prevention and detection, antimalware, security information event management, identity and access management, encryption, system hardening and protection, network segmentation, next generation firewalls, VPN, strong authentication, and encryption
- Experience in defining security requirements for cloud based systems
- Experience managing service providers and contractors to deliver critical services and performing key functions
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor Information Technology team and become a part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding and innovative careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!