One of the world's fastest-growing retailers, Jysk was first established in Denmark in 1979. The company now brings Quality for Less to customers in 50 countries at over 2,550 stores and online in Canada at jysk.ca. With over 22 000 colleagues that share a passion for Scandinavian design, our products range from furniture to accessories, including mattresses, bedding, home decor, and outdoor patio products that will enhance any living space at an affordable price.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology (IT), the Cyber Security Specialist (CSS) will help manage the company's information security risks by staying ahead of the cyber threats of today as well as tomorrow's threats. The Role:
As the Cyber Security Specialist for JYSK, you will be responsible for:
The right candidate has the following skills and experience.
- Day to day monitoring of security events and investigations as required.
- Determining security measures best suited for the type of information and explaining the security measures taken to employers using non-technical language.
- Oversee, operate and ensure the robustness of infrastructure components such as routers, firewalls, VPN, servers, etc.
- Conduct detailed IT/cyber research and analysis about risks associated with information and operational technologies, logical and application security and mitigating controls.
- Design, deliver and enforce the continuous monitoring of security test evaluations and audits trails.
- Protecting sensitive or personal information from unauthorized access or use.
- Monitoring systems for unusual activities (e.g. unauthorized access, modification, duplication, or destruction of information)
- Running counteractive protocols and reporting incidents.
- Testing security strategies and defenses
What We Offer
- University degree, related studies or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in an IT Security role
- Relevant experience in IT security governance with the capacity to enforce standards and liaise with stakeholders.
- Extensive theoretical and technical understanding of computer, application/software, systems and network security
- Experience with Penetration testing (Pen-Testing) tools and methodologies
- Analysis of operating systems, applications and network architectures to validate security configurations and identify security vulnerabilities according to industry best practices
- Experience with Ethernet network data capture and analysis
- Experience with IP and serial-based communications protocols
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems
- Experience in assessing, evaluating and implementing security controls
- Recognized IT Security Pen-Testing certifications (e.g. OSCP, SANS GIAC, GIAC GPEN, CEH, IACRB) would be highly desirable
- IT Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM and CISA would be an asset
More Great Information!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Colleague Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- A fun and respectful workplace
Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK:https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019