207592 Work Area:
Sales Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Customer Solutions Director (CSD) leads and manages all strategic presales activities for a given set of opportunities aligned to the Market Units. S/he serves as a confidante to the sales team to plan sales strategies and to engage the appropriate Presales Specialists to engage in specific sales opportunities. A Customer Solutions Director is an evangelist for the SAP strategy and solutions portfolio. S/he engages with the customers to ideate on new and innovative solutions and works closely with the team to architect solutions that solve our customer’s most complex business problems. S/he must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills, and be able to mentor and coach to the assigned presales team members in support of opportunity sales cycles.Leadership and Management
Evangelize, Educate and Inspire
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Account Executives in support of sales opportunities. CSDs work closely with AEs to qualify the opportunity, collaborate on the selling strategy and presales process and determine the level and extent of presales engagement.
- CSDs will work closely with Market Unit sales leadership to prioritize their time and presales activities and investments on the most impactful revenue generating opportunities and priorities of the region.
- CSDs will spend time with customers and be deeply engaged with the customer in strategic accounts, actively participating in customer meetings and serving as an evangelist and leader for the team.
- CSDs motivate and inspire the teams they lead by providing a vision, empowering SE’s and encouraging creativity, clearly communicating expectations and providing support necessary for team success. When appropriate, CSDs will assign the right presales team members to support qualified opportunities.
- CSDs own the opportunity execution plans, aligns resources to opportunity activities and establishes due dates and milestones to ensure successful team execution of customer deliverables.
- CSDs own the quality of the Solution specific deliverables (presentation, demonstrations, etc.) and the overall outcome of the Solution Proof phase of the opportunity pursuit. CSDs hold themselves and others accountable to the standards established via Best-Run for delivering memorable customer engagements.
- CSDs act as an evangelist for SAP strategy and solutions in their discussions with customers to influence opinions and inspire action. CSDs must have a good working knowledge of SAP solutions, competitive solutions, and how they relate to customer’s requirements.
- CSDs help customers ideate by serving as an innovation champion, supporting workshops that aim to identify new and innovative solutions that provide added business value. CSDs must be resourceful and creative and be able to work collaboratively with SAP virtual account team and partners.
- CSDs champion the customer by helping to educate the presales team on customer situations, help them focus on the customer’s “jobs to be done” and prescribe and architect the right solutions to deliver successful outcomes.
Promote and Reward Excellence
- CSDS actively coach Best Run behaviors and provide both informal and formal feedback to develop excellence in all Presales colleagues.
- CSDs will actively promote and reward excellence by leveraging formal and informal recognition programs to applaud outstanding performance from others.
- CSDs will enforce consistent presales processes, including CRM-based opportunity management, dry-runs and discovery sessions and other tools, to ensure superior demos and presentations.
- CSDs leverage formal and informal recognition programs to applaud outstanding performance from others.
- CSDs accurately and fairly allocate revenue contribution to applicable SE’s as part of the variable compensation process.
- CSDs provide timely and accurate feedback to Solution Engineers and Line of Business directors and will work collaboratively with the team to continuously elevate performance.
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies:
- 8+ years of relevant presales experience with 1-2 years of people management experience a plus
- Proficiency in one or more application areas from SAP solutions.
- Experience in: People Management, Sales Management and Sales Processes, Performance Management, Delivery of high volume short duration work packages,building and motivating teams
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Manager, ERP, Developer, SAP, CRM, Management, Technology
Posted: February 12, 2019
Closes: April 13, 2019