Are you energized by helping others succeed? Love sharing and helping explain a great product? Know how to play matchmaker between product and customer needs? Excited to get your feet wet in a growing tech company? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience—and that’s where you come in.
You’ll work directly with our clients; speaking with potential customers before they’ve chosen us, helping them get set up on the platform ready to launch to the world, and supporting them as they grow their business through education. As a first point of contact on email and phone, you'll be answering questions, giving advice, solving problems using your technical know-how and helping our customers build successful online businesses. Beyond supporting our existing customers, you’ll also respond to inbound questions from prospects to help them decide if Thinkific is the right fit for their business needs. At Thinkific you’ll be part of a collaborative, passionate and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver, BC. We offer flexible working hours and work from home to accommodate the schedules of our early risers, night owls and weekend warriors. Let us know in your application if you have preferred working hours in mind, or if the typical 9-5 is your jam.
In this role, you will:
- Talk to customers over email, phone, live chat and video screen shares
- Support customers at different stages of the customer journey from jumping on calls with prospects to discuss their needs, to helping customers launch their courses, to coaching customers close to churning
- Get an opportunity to take on side projects based on your areas of interest such as writing help articles, helping grow our Facebook group, hosting webinars, or triaging bugs for our Tier II developers
- Be involved in the QA of new features as they are released and work closely with our product team
- Answer the support and sales phone line for a full day once per week, and jump on weekend support once a month, getting a day off in lieu the preceding or following week!
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Enjoy a challenge and have experience troubleshooting software-related issues across common browsers
- Rarely run into a roadblock you can't creatively get around (and whenever you need it, you're humble enough to ask for help)
- Enjoy speaking with customers on the phone (it's your bread and butter!)
- Have stellar communication skills both verbal and written, but know it's equally important to listen and understand your customers
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have at least 2+ years online customer support experience (bonus points for past SaaS tech support experience)
- Are fanatical about customer success—you aren't afraid to jump on a call or go above and beyond to create an amazing customer experience. We take customer success really seriously. Everyone at Thinkific should know our platform inside out and be ready to identify and recommend the right solutions as the situation arises. Even our CEO jumps into the ticket queue!
- Have experience supporting customers in the decision-making process by identifying and delivering the right solution based on their individual needs
- Know the importance of building trust and confidence with leads and customers alike
- Have a flair for translating product features into tangible benefits for customers
- Are passionate about online education, digital marketing, and small business (or all of the above!)
Bonus points if you:
- Have taken a variety of online courses on different platforms
- Have experience teaching, mentoring or coaching in-person or online
- Created external documentation for a help center before
- Have previous experience working in an inbound sales environment
- Are confident in your HTML and CSS knowledge (and get a kick out of helping to identify and solve new problems)
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you'll love working here:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers ;)
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fuelled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we’ve flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented developers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you’re beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!