As a Customer Advisor, you will open a world of possibilities for our customers, building trust and sharing knowledge of our products and services. All your thinking starts with the customer and works backwards to deliver a remarkable experience. You have a passion for helping others learn and for finding ways to overcome barriers and challenges to assist our customers in completing their unique projects and making their house a home. The voice of the customer, you will be crucial in continually improving our products and services.
What You’ll Do
What You Need to Know
- Deliver an outstanding service and shopping experience, assisting customers to place orders over the phone or live chat, and resolving issues related to understanding order status, cancelling an order and general inquiries regarding BuildDirect.
- As a product expert, help customers design and complete their unique projects with confidence
- Build trust with our customers by setting clear expectations and helping them to understand:
- How to navigate our website
- The order process and what that means for them
- The delivery experience and different options available
- How to return products and what the claim resolution process looks like
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each customer's experience, identifying opportunities in the organization for improvement, and sharing the voice of the customer
- Assist our Business Development team to grow repeat business, our B2B and PRO segments
- Work with Marketing to develop promotions and campaigns specific to the needs of your customers.
- Proactively follow up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being meet and understand where there are further opportunities.
- Demonstrate your ability to deliver an outstanding customer experience as measured through monthly call coaching and a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of .70+
- Gain deep product knowledge and the ability to share that information in a way that helps customers as well as internal employees make informed buying decisions
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance the customer experience
- Contribute to team results and support the success of others by providing assistance and expertise
- Achieve ambitious monthly revenue targets
What You Must Have
- A talent for determining customer needs and providing appropriate solutions
- The ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) clearly and concisely with both external customers and your team
- A solution orientation and the desire to share your product knowledge
- The skills to establish a rapport with customers to facilitate the likelihood of retention
- Proficiency with multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing time effectively
- Post-secondary qualifications an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal record check
- High level of trust and a commitment to doing what you say you are going to do.
- An obsession for delighting customers.
- A passionate drive to deliver results and constantly raise the bar.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and challenges with enthusiasm.
- Ability and desire to be scrappy, move fast and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Innate motivation to learn and continuously develop yourself and others.
- Commitment to fearless communication.
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is the innovative marketplace for purchasing and selling quality home improvement & flooring materials online. BuildDirect co-founders wanted to simplify the home improvement industry and give the power of choice back to the homeowner and home improvement professional. They wanted to provide those seeking to build or improve homes with an online marketplace to access the flooring products they want, at the prices they’d love, delivered on time directly to their doorstep.
And today we do just that.
Servicing North America, BuildDirect connects homeowners and home improvement professionals with sellers around the world, creating a much simpler and trusted shopping experience. The platform offers Pro’s and Homeowners the ability to purchase various volumes of flooring products direct from Sellers. This keeps costs low, often up to half the price found at big box stores or specialty retailers, and provides efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products. BuildDirect Perks
- Office located in the heart of the growing tech area of downtown Vancouver, with 360-degree views of the city, easy access to public transit, near 100’s of restaurants & bars, and onsite ping pong
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries and unlimited fresh coffee & tea
- Newly renovated onsite gym, lockers, and bike storage
- Unlimited vacation
- Employee stock options
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!
Operations and Logistics