Ballard Power Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Accountant.
With global operations, multiple currencies, and public company reporting requirements, this position will keep you challenged. The successful candidate will work with Finance, Operations, Product Line Management, and Customer Care to lead analysis, decision making, and support on all aspects of product costing, gross margin reporting, inventory valuation, and warranty. Reporting to the Cost Accounting Team Lead, this position will be a member of the Cost Accounting team and a primary contact for product costing.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellent analytical skills, which are grounded in a thorough understanding of Cost Accounting principles, and has the ability to adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills, self-learning and self-motivated, an attention to detail, and advanced Excel skills will round out the successful candidate.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Costing Module in Oracle Cloud ERP
- Development of product cost standards for materials, labour and indirect overhead
- Monthly and quarterly cost accounting activities (journal entries, account reconciliations, standard cost changes, and assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and audit)
- Reviewing, investigating, and reporting on purchase price and manufacturing variances
- Business partner and trusted advisor to Operations, Product Line Management, and Customer Care
- Working with Product Line Management to support and assess product cost reduction initiatives
- Opportunities to support Product Cost Modelling and forecasting initiatives
- Standardization of product cost budget and forecast tools, utilizing MS Excel, Oracle ERP & Business Intelligence reporting
- External financial reporting requirements at quarter-end and year-end
- Opportunities to work on other ad hoc and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years of cost accounting or related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of IFRS accounting standards (specifically COGS and inventory valuation)
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office, specifically MS Excel and Power BI.
- ERP systems experience required; Experience with Oracle ERP is an asset
- Excellent analytical abilities and ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Structured, disciplined and organized; a systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills
Please submit a cover letter and updated resume with your application. Our Values
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Banking, Finance and Insurance