We're looking for a Corporate Social Responsibility Director to lead, shape, manage and drive our CSR and BCorp strategies. You will own and drive engagement with the Hootsuite CSR strategy and programs while continuing to evolve and align with our corporate values. You will be the key champion of our Give a Hoot program with teams and leaders across the business, partnering to educate, influence, advise, guide and champion behaviours that support our purpose and make a positive difference in both the local communities in which we work, as well as the global market where Hootsuite is used. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Chief People & Diversity Officer. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Accountable for development of global Hootsuite CSR strategy, building upon work done to date, and augmenting with comprehensive new programs that will scale.
- Lead, develop, and implement the strategic CSR initiatives, with a focus on inclusion, education & awareness, process re-engineering and measurement.
- Oversee and direct the monitoring and reporting of CSR activities and spending to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Plan and execute an employee volunteerism program for maximum employee engagement and community impact.
- Actively pursue and foster external global community partnerships in support of Hootsuite CSR strategy.
- Responsible for end to end forecast, establishment and accountability to a global CSR budget.
- Maintain and report on Hootsuite B-Corp certification and relationship to leadership and executives.
- Conduct industry research to identify gaps and opportunities and make recommendations to inform the development of our programs.
- Be the internal subject-matter-expert on CSR trends and data, and consult and align with cross-functional leadership and executive on our CSR strategy.
- Track and report on relevant metrics both internally and externally to ensure we're making an impact, implementing solutions when progress stalls.
- Be a visible and inspiring CSR educator and champion, communicating regularly to, and on behalf of Hootsuite on all things related to CSR.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Demonstrated experience in driving change, in either a professional or significant voluntary capacity, in corporate social responsibility
- Experience leading CSR initiatives in a global organization
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with CSR best practices with a track record of implementing successful initiatives
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support