Job Description Summary
Are you a creative project manager that loves event planning and thrives on building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders? Here at STEMCELL we are looking for our next Corporate Event Manager. If you are excited about being part of a dynamic and collaborative team while working on diverse events for the company, we would love to hear from you!
The Corporate Event Manager will be responsible for creating, organizing and leading corporate events within scope and within budget by using their acquired network and skill set to plan, produce, project manage and deliver extraordinary events all year around.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual contributor role that will lead all events projects for the company.
- Responsible for event budget management, contract negotiation and sourcing suppliers
- Responsible for all logistical event's components and their development (i.e. registration, print & promo, speaker management, production, food & beverage, etc.).
- Main point of contact for all on-site corporate events
- Bachelor's degree in Event Management or a related field such as Hospitality Management or Marketing with 5 to 10 years of experience
- Experience at negotiating and building partnerships with vendors
- Advanced budget and financial management skills
- Attention to detail, with proven leadership skills with a proactive solution & strategic focus mindset
- Strong computer knowledge, including advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Suite of products
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians