The Ballard Strategy and Corporate Development team is seeking a talented Corporate Development Manager. The Senior Corporate Development Manager is a results-oriented professional with high standards that exhibits excellent judgment, and thinks strategically, staying on top of tactical execution. The selected candidate will be an independent thinker who can make convincing, data-based arguments and will work across all business units, demonstrating a strong bias for action.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify appropriate opportunities that support Ballard's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, investment bankers, venture capitalists, and organic pipeline generation
- Partner with Ballard business and technology primes to evaluate expansion opportunities
- Evaluate the benefits of potential acquisitions and manage the process of building both internal and external consensus
- Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Model, or oversee the modelling, of potential opportunities, including DCF analysis, precedent transactions and public market comparables
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
Educate business primes on the Stage-Gated Transaction Approval process
- Lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts and resolution of deal issues
- Aid in the negotiation of key legal documents and bring transactions over the finish line
- Work with all cross-functional groups within Ballard from signing the term sheet to proper integration
- Support the Corporate Planning function by conducting deep dives into key strategic priorities for the Company, and aid in the preparation of material and presentations to Ballard Power's Board of Directors.
- Establish the ongoing processes, skill sets, and strategy that will enable Ballard to continue to build out our corporate development competency, in the face of extremely fast growth and a rapidly changing industry
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Engineering or other related field
- Professional business designation (CFA, CBV, CA, CPA) preferred
- 8+ years of investment banking or corporate development experience, preferably in an industrial, automotive, clean tech, energy or manufacturing business
- Experience creating and analyzing M&A processes for a wide variety of transactions, including public-public, public-private, and cross-border transactions
- History of outstanding academic and professional achievement.
- Demonstrated quantitative and strategic thinking aptitude.
- Advanced corporate finance, modeling and transaction management skills
- Strong capabilities in understanding and structuring complex transaction documents.
- Ability to partner with attorneys and other deal professionals in developing and evolving transaction structures, integrating due diligence findings and driving successful negotiation outcomes.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within teams
- International experience is a plus
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Banking, Finance and Insurance