The Ballard Strategy and Development team is seeking a Corporate Development Analyst.
This professional will be a key business partner to senior leadership and will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Ballard. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.Responsibilities:
- Support the Strategy & Corporate Development team as they evaluate prospective strategic initiatives (M&A, direct investments, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, organic growth plans, and fund investments)
- Screen prospective investments based on criteria such as strategic rationale, industry position, competitive differentiation, valuation and business plan
- Perform valuation analysis on target companies utilizing multiple approaches
- Create and manage financial models and valuations
- Develop investment screening documents on acquisition targets and/or investments
- Track and maintain virtual data rooms containing diligence materials
- Responsible for managing and updating M&A related documents and trackers
- Responsible for gathering market information and performing market research on the hydrogen landscape and analyzing industry trends
- Perform financial/data analysis and evaluate the hypotheses/trends concerning market segments, geographies, products, etc.
- Summarize market research, data, and strategic analysis in reports to Ballard's senior leadership
- Monitor and report on the financial performance of investments and acquisitions after closing
- Support the annual corporate planning process as required
- Collaborate with other Functional teams to develop analysis to support organic growth opportunities
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competencies in business case and other financial analysis. They will possess solid interpersonal skills and have the aptitude to link detailed financial models with higher level strategic themes. It is expected the candidate can utilize a range of data and information sources to perform analysis and generate impactful management reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Science, Engineering or other related field
- 0-2 years corporate development, private equity, management consulting, investment banking, or investment research experience
- Strong self-starter comfortable as a team player or working independently
- Previous work experience in pertinent financial role and understanding of various valuation techniques such as DCF, precedent transactions and public market comparable analysis
- Strong ability to develop driver-based free cash flow (FCF) models including net present value (NPV) & return on investment (ROI) analysis
- Strong analytical, financial, and presentation skills
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and information and synthesize findings into clear conclusions
- Capable of using informal approaches for data gathering and willingness to search for hard-to-find data
- Proficient with MS Office software complimented by advanced Excel and PowerPoint capability
- Experience with excel add-in software or macros is an asset
- Experience in industrial, automotive, clean tech, energy or manufacturing businesses is an asset
- Progress towards or enrollment in a Professional business designation (CA, CBV, CPA, CFA) is an asset
- Experience with Capital IQ, or similar data services also an asset
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Manufacturing and Production