Job Description Summary
The Administrative Assistant, Corporate Affairs at STEMCELL is responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the Executive Assistant of the President & CEO and the broader Corporate Affairs Department with the goal of ensuring that the CEO and corporate objectives, goals and related projects are met and departmental organization and efficiency are maintained. This position requires a high level of professionalism and discretion as a frontline representative of the President & CEO, and ambassador of STEMCELL, its culture and values.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative assistance and support to the CEO and Managing Director, Corporate Affairs.
- Diligently handle all administrative tasks as assigned with quality and efficiency.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel and accommodation, including itineraries.
- Reconcile expense accounts and credit card statements for submission and payment processing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor, track and manage corporate membership dues and journal subscriptions.
- Create and maintain corporate policies and process documents. Oversee corporate templates to ensure consistency and correct branding company-wide.
- Coordinate internal corporate gifts internationally.
- Assist as needed with the logistical efforts and details for the execution of company activities and social events.
- Coordinate a variety of projects within the Corporate Affairs office, and in collaboration with other internal departments, including tracking and following up on timelines and deliverables, progress reports, action items and database maintenance.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the filing system for the Corporate Affairs Department.
- Manage calendar appointments and meetings, and resolve schedule conflicts as needed.
- Coordinate meetings, maintain meeting agenda, and complete minute taking and minute distribution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote professional and courteous employee relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Minimum BSc. degree with at least 1-2 years of administration and/or coordination experience. Relevant experience in a research facility or biotechnology company is preferred.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy, demonstrates attention-to-detail and has excellent record keeping skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in an office environment with fluctuating volumes and demands.
- Ability to identify and implement administrative solutions to increase efficiencies.
- Demonstrate good judgment and a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; excellent computer skills are a distinct asset. High level of proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive and Google Suite of products (Google Docs, Sheets and Slides).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive