Coordinator, Technical Delivery
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
The Technical Delivery Coordinator manages and executes the delivery of professional, technical, and analytical services and solutions to the organization. The role is responsible for controlling and managing the technical deliverables and dependencies for the assigned line of business, production software solutions, and coordinating cross-functional technical teams within an environment of fast delivery processes. The Technical Delivery Coordinator acts as a consultative partner by providing subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Analyzes impact of new development work, ensuring that there is the correct understanding of integration points between systems and interactions with all technical dedicated and non-dedicated resources are identified.
- Facilitates technical planning meetings, solicits technical tasks, milestones, and deliverables including facilitation of technical documentations and proposals prepared by internal and external development teams.
- Works with Business Analysts to ensure requirements are clearly captured.
- Works with the delivery teams to ensure requirements are clearly captured and used as input into the delivery processes, assigns development work to internal and external developers and monitors the delivery processes to ensure any gaps in requirements or planning documentation are filled; working back with the appropriate stakeholders if necessary.
- Working with the product owners, ensures that delivery teams are provided with visible prioritized and maintained product backlogs showing what the delivery teams will work on next.
- Facilitates interactions with all technical resources and identifies and resolves technical issues and roadblocks. Proactively resolves complex technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
- Provides technical, analytical and subject matter expertise for enterprise-wide IT solution enhancements and production support.
- Works closely with the application support team, identifies technical impact and supports to transition software solutions into production.
- Proactively researches, recommends and applies the latest technology and industry best practices and standards.
- Post-secondary education in information technology supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a programming and/or analysis environment;
- Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management is required;
- Experience in managing small to medium sized technical projects is required;
- Vendor management experience would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong communication skills including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical projects or technical improvements initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams effectively in an environment of rapid cycles, fixed time boxes and retrospective activities to adjust quickly based on feedback.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking;
- Strong computer skills - MS Office Suite;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.