We're looking for an exceptional Controller to help us build a Finance department that can support an agile, high-growth, high-potential SaaS company. You'll be working closely with the leadership team to execute on and support the business units in achieving our company wide strategic goals. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID-19), you will report to the Senior Director, Finance.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Provide leadership and oversight of our accounting operations, financial systems, and monthly close processes; and ensure management reports and financial statements are prepared timely and in accordance with GAAP
- Develop new, and improve existing, financial policies, procedures and controls that will support our increasing growth and complexity
- Plan and direct all accounting operational functions including assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results and providing information vital for decision making
- Manage the activities of external auditors in connection with the review of the company's financial statements
- Identify issues with the company's internal controls and design and implement solutions to minimize risks in reporting and accounting operations
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems, as needed, making recommendations for improvements and to support growth
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics, providing insights to the business
- Overseeing regulatory reporting and compliance requirements
- Recruit, lead and develop an exceptional team of skilled accounting professionals, including succession planning
WHO YOU ARE:
- CPA Designation
- Significant progressive accounting experience, including experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm, and experience as a controller in a complex, multinational and multi currency environment, preferably in a public company
- Experience in a high-growth SAAS environment including familiarity with SAAS metrics
- Strong financial systems expertise; including with Netsuite
- Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, tax, banking, cash management, cost control principles, and GAAP
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections that support business decisions
- Experience in developing and implementing financial policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Ability to present and effectively communicate with senior executives and external stakeholders complex accounting/financial outcomes in an articulate and succinct manner
- Ability to influence operational/policy changes cross functionally in a positive manner
- Strong project management skill
- Experience in recruiting, leading and developing an exceptional team of accounting professionals
- Leading Inclusive Team: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- General Management: Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Strategic Thinking: Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Developing Others: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support