GO Recruitment has been retained to complete a confidential search for a Controller. Our client, a Not for Profit organization with a long and successful history of serving the community is looking for a proactive and dedicated Controller. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the successful hire will have a demonstrated history of success, possessing strong communication and interpersonal skills in addition to a respected reputation as a Controller. You will be overseeing a team of 2-4 people with your primary role being to manage this organization’s accounting processes, produce financial reports and provide analysis as required in a timely and consistent manner. If you thrive in a diverse and forwarding-thinking culture undergoing strategic changes, this opportunity is ideal for either someone ready to take the next step in their career or a seasoned professional that can provide leadership and direction to our great team.
· Oversees the day-to-day operations of the accounting department.
· Develop and manage direct work plans.
· Manage all department month-end/quarter-end/year-end accounting processes, including approval of reconciliations and monthly journal entries. Ensuring program staff are aware of relevant deadlines.
· Supervise, direct, and review the work of the accounting team (including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.).
· Cash management.
· Maintain organized sets of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
· Resolve complex accounting issues while assisting personnel in resolving financial issues by providing guidance and support.
· Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
· Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
· Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reporting.
· Recommend, establish, and implement benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance. Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation.
· Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
Experience with governmental/non-profit accounting principles and procedures.
Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
Highly collaborative and consultative leader and colleague
Exceptional service skills; responsive to members.
Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with the public, agencies, and employees.
Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration. Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
· Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 5+ years’ experience as a CPA
· 5+ years’ experience of an accounting leadership role
· Strong leadership abilities
· Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required
· Experience working with a Not for Profit preferred
· Commitment to the mission of the organization
To apply or ask questions about this role: Contact Raymond@gorecruitment.com or 778-869-9268
About GO Recruitment
GO Recruitment is different. We are not shy about disclosing up-front who is the company we represent (90% of the time). The only reason we sometimes mask the name of the company is due to circumst...Read More