VANCOUVER THE OPPORTUNITY:WSP
is currently seeking a Contract Administrator
to join our Water
team in Vancouver
. Reporting to the Director, this position will be responsible for the Contract Administration and some Project Management tasks related to the design, construction and post-construction phases of water and wastewater infrastructure. You will work together with clients, municipalities, project managers in the preparation and review of Contract Documents and contractors on constructability reviews, quality assurance and resolving contractual and construction issues. This is an exciting opportunity with career growth potential targeted to learn the skills necessary for management and leadership in the Contract Administration group.WHY WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journeyWe offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
• Be a part of a team of Project Managers, Engineers, Contract Administrators, Designers, Inspectors, and other staff as required.
• Lead the contract administration aspects of the projects through the construction of water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, tunnelling, trenchless construction, small and large diameter water transmission mains, trunk sewer mains, roads, and land development projects and other civil projects.
• Prepare and/or review Contract Documents (i.e., Supplementary General Conditions, Specifications and Drawings).
• Evaluate contractor performance and verify those project deliverables, and quality standards are achieved.
• Comply with and implement the requirements outlined in the construction contracts.
• Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues, project quality assurance and resolve issues, as required.
• Assist and support regional business development initiatives including staffing RFP, RFQ response to meet projected department growth.
• Chairman regular site meeting and issue meeting Minutes including preparation of meeting Agenda, etc.
• Management of Quality Assurance and measurements for and the preparation of payment certificates.
• Oversee Change Requests and claims.
• Management of responses to Contractor's RFI's and clarification requests.;
• Preparation of Engineering Certifications;
• Ensure staff complete tasks in accordance with WSP's safety policies/procedures and legislative requirements.;
• Perform all work in accordance with the company's policies.
• Lead by example: Champion a successful mentoring, assistance, encouragement, and motivation approach for team members.
• Other duties as assigned.What you will bring to WSP ...
• Engineering Diploma or Technology/Technical Degree from an accredited institution;
• 5+ years in Contract Administration and Site Inspection;
• Experience on small and large civil projects - with specific experience in water mains, sewers, water treatment plants and pump stations;
• Knowledge of the BC construction industry standards and guidelines, including the Canadian Construction Documents Association (CCDC) and the BC Construction Association (BCCA);
• Extensive experience with and in-depth knowledge of the Master Municipal Construction Documents Association (MMCD). MMCD Contract Administration certification is a plus;
• Experience supervising other staff members and aspire to lead you to a management position;
• Experienced in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and preparation/administration of contract documents and specifications would be a big asset;
• Familiarity with sewer, water main, and road construction materials, methods and processes;
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WorkSafe BC, WHIMIS, Environmental Act, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Waste Management regulation;
• Strong business development and negotiation skills;
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PDF markup and Windows applications;
• Valid drivers license required; This position requires access to a reliable vehicle to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement.Compensation
Expected Salary (all locations): $62 600 - $106 400
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive