Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our Corporate Affairs team. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Process Governance & Transformation and work closely with the Director, Global Facilities Planning & Design. As a Continuous Improvement Manager you will establish and support a continuous improvement framework focused on improving and scaling business processes that support the management of our physical asset portfolio including facilities (offices, labs, and warehouses), equipment, and more generally, the capital expenditure (CapEx) process. You will work with leadership to establish and maintain a project roadmap of continuous improvement initiatives that they will help plan and execute. This is an exciting opportunity to identify and facilitate innovative solutions that will drive a positive and far-reaching effect on the business as a whole.
This role requires a highly analytical, project-oriented person with a bias for action. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Facilitate process definition and documentation efforts with Process Owners
- Collaborate with Process Owners to identify, scope, sequence, and drive ideas and solutions to improve and scale Facilities Planning and Design activities
- Support ongoing monitoring and identification of improvement opportunities
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Elicit requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Collaborate with internal resources to define and develop training, reporting and system enhancements
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
- 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience supporting and driving transformational projects in a business analysis, project management or continuous improvement manager role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort facilitating meetings and interacting with diverse groups of senior leaders, and subject matter experts
- Excellent analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Excellent self awareness and situational sensitivity with strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience supporting facility expansion and maintenance processes is considered an asset
- Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) certifications are considered assets
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians