As our Content Writer,
you will be you will be the voice of our brand by writing content for magazines, our blog, PR, website, social media, and other projects. You will develop and strengthen thought leadership content that defines Traction Guests' position as the category leader and market innovator. You are a storyteller with a passion for writing and an interest in technology.
Traction Guest's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture is important at Traction Guest. It is more than a place to work. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction Guest is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We are tenacious and like to push boundaries.Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Degree in creative writing, journalism, communications or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in journalism or content writing
- Superior writing skills with emphasis on style and grammar
- Ability to create content for different audiences with a consistent brand tone of voice
- Experience with implementing SEO best practices in relation to content creation
- Proactive individual who can easily establish working relationships with others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to research topics and write with credibility
What You Will Be Doing
- Experience in public relations, corporate communications or content marketing
- Interest in technology
- Experience in measuring and analyzing content performance
- Understanding of digital marketing/SEO is a plus
You will create, optimize and distribute content that tells a story, attracts attention and helps promote Traction Guest's brand. For that, you will be writing for a variety of digital styles, including web copy, blog posts, social media posts, nurture emails, digital advertising copy, whitepapers, PR articles, video scripts and award applications.
- Be in the know about everything going on at Traction Guest, our market and our target audience, to represent our brand appropriately on all platforms
- Write and edit content in a concise and engaging manner to be shared on various platforms
- Support our business development initiatives by researching, writing and editing client success stories
- Maintain a thought leadership strategy, which includes the CEO and subject matter experts
- Develop and manage execution of editorial content calendar
- Create content to engage existing customers, building brand advocacy
- Develop email nurture campaigns to support lifecycle marketing
- Write press releases and help coordinate their dissemination
- Pitch and write guest posts on industry blogs
- Translate SEO best practices into content creation
Blog and Social Media
- Create content for the Traction Guest Blog
- Contribute to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Improve and optimize existing content for better search ranking
- Understand our audience and create content appropriate for different industries and buyer personas
- Research industry and tech trends to create educational content (whitepapers, infographics, articles)
If you're interested, so are we! Please apply and send your resume our way, after which our team will review and contact all successful applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019