Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Manager, Content Editing & Corporate Writing, the Content Editor & Corporate Writer is responsible for editing and writing customer-facing marketing content produced by STEMCELL Technologies, ensuring that it meets our high quality and linguistic standards and adheres to the overall strategy and voice of the company. This person may also support other projects and tasks related to content curation, quality control, and management.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit written marketing content, ensuring that text adheres to style guidelines, is easy to read, informs and/or entertains the reader, gets essential points across quickly, and supports the marketing strategy
- Write corporate (non-product specific) content, such as articles, press releases, flyers, advertisements, and website content.
- Contribute to ensuring all marketing content produced by STEMCELL meets our high quality standards, both scientifically and linguistically.
- Ensure consistent communication of the brand identity and voice in marketing collateral, including appropriate usage of tone.
- Mentor writers within the company to create customer communications in the STEMCELL voice.
- Contribute to maintaining relevant style guides.
- Supports content curation, quality control, and management (online and otherwise) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum BSc in cell biology, immunology, medical laboratory sciences, or other related scientific field; MSc preferred.
- 2‒4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills with a strong sense for tone and message.
- Exceptional editorial insight and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both in one-on-one and group settings.
- High proficiency with the English language and grammar, and a love for language.
- A track record of writing and/or editing for a scientific audience; fluency with scientific language and style.
- Prior experience in a marketing or communications role is an asset.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment with set deadlines.
- Proactive in continual learning and skill development.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Sales and Marketing