is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable KELOWNA
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
At WSP Golder our Environmental Management team is providing environmental services that cross many disciplines to position WSP Golder as a leader in the market. We're looking for a Contaminated Sites Scientist/Engineer to join our Environment team, located in our Kelowna, BC office. Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, you will participate in multidisciplinary projects in a variety of sectors with a wide range of complexity. Why WSP Golder?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP Golder is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• As a Contaminated Sites Scientist, you will assist in managing projects from proposal stage to final reports;
• You will assist in the design and implementation of project/study work plans;
• You will perform background research and analysis, including consultation with government agencies and sub-consultants;
• You will execute site-specific field data collection for the Environmental Group across various regions of BC;
• You will coordinate and complete field assessments for contaminated sites as well as environmental monitoring, which includes liaise with contractors and site-based consultants;
• You will analyze, evaluate and interpret data while providing results within the scope and objective(s) of the specific project;
• You will prepare technical reports, BC ENV submission documents and permitting applications;
• You will provide technical expertise to various WSP Golder groups on issues associated with environmental sciences including contaminated sites;
• You will promote health and safety in the workplace;
• You will deliver high quality reports on time and within budget, drawing upon technical and scientific knowledge, training and experience;
• You will manage small to medium-sized projects, communicating with clients and reporting to senior staff;
• You will work within a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of staff;
• You will be involved in field work and travel is required and other duties as assigned/required. What you'll bring to WSP Golder ...
• A Technical Diploma or University degree (B.Sc or M.Sc) in Environmental Science / Engineering or other relevant Natural Sciences degree;
• Specialization in contaminated sites;
• A Minimum of 4 years of field experience is required;
• Experience in site-specific field data collection for contaminated sites is required;
• Experience in analyzing and writing contaminated sites reports (Phase I, II, III ESAs);
• Experience with construction activities and liaising with contractors;
• Knowledge of Federal and BC Provincial legislation;
• Advanced understanding of Provincial Contaminated Sites Regulations;
• Proficient knowledge of Unified Soil Classification System;
• Registered with, or eligible for a professional designation, would be an asset;
• Excellent communication and written skills with a demonstrated ability to write detailed technical reports and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues;
• Ability to function in a team environment with representatives from a wide array of disciplines;
• Proficient with the MS Office Suite;
• Valid Drivers License;
• Willingness to work in the field, occasionally in remote locations and outside standard office hours;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a team environment and under deadlines.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Intermediate (6 - 10 years)
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada/